Table of Contents
Getting an appointment for a US tourist visa at the nearby US Embassy or Consulate General can be challenging due to the long waiting period. However, Kuwaiti residents and foreigners seeking appointments in Kuwait City may be able to move quickly compared to countries like India and UAE due to manageable applications.
US Tourist visa applicants are generally advised to seek an appointment in their country of nationality or residence. However, anyone legally present in Kuwait can apply for a US visa in Kuwait. However, the appointment date can take weeks or months, so applicants must determine whether they can afford to stay in the country until all the formalities are completed.
The US Embassy in Kuwait City, Consular Section, provides visa services to those applicants seeking to enter the United States temporarily on a nonimmigrant visa and prospective immigrants wishing to take up permanent residence there.
Steps to get US Tourist Visa appointment
The nonimmigrant visa for US temporary visit can be for business, leisure, tourism, and medical purposes. The visit visas are classified as B-1 and B-2 visas. To schedule an appointment for B visas from Kuwait, you should follow these steps:
- Visit the US Embassy in Kuwait website. Create an account and seek an appointment for the visa interview with full details.
- Visit the official website of the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC), US Department of State.
- Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Application form online (DS-160).
- Pay the application processing fee, which is nonrefundable. CEAC website has an online payment system.
- After successful completion, print the DS-160 confirmation page with a barcode, as you’ll need it for your visa interview.
- Pay any additional visa processing fees, if required.
- Attend your visa interview scheduled at the US Embassy or Consulate in Kuwait. Bring along the passport, photo, DS-160 confirmation page, and any additional documents like financial stability proof, NOC letter, medical certificate, etc, requested by the embassy.
The appointment availability and visa processing times can vary, so book an appointment well in advance of your intended travel date to get a visa on time. Also, check the website of the US Embassy in Kuwait for any specific requirements or the latest updates related to visa applications.
The US visa application process is complicated, and you may require the services of registered immigration consultants in Kuwait to increase your chances of successful approval. They assess your eligibility criteria, help you with document arrangement, fill in the accurate details to book an interview appointment, fill out the DS-160 form, and help you prepare.
If during a visa interview, the candidate’s US visa application is approved, then the average processing time for getting visa stamped is 5-7 working days. At least a further 2-3 work days should be allowed for delivery. You can be eligible for the ‘Interview Waiver Program’ if you are below 14 and above 80 years old.
Get ready to fly to the USA and explore 50 states in the North American country known for its robust economy, development, technological advancement, and landscapes.