What is a “timeshare resale”? A resale is what happens when a timeshare owner decides to sell his week(s) of vacation ownership.
There are many reasons why people decide to sell their timeshare week or vacation ownership – health issues, a change in their financial situation, age or a change in lifestyle when the kids are grown and no longer vacationing with the family. While it doesn’t really matter why people choose to sell their week, it does make the timeshare weeks more affordable to purchase on the secondary market versus purchasing directly from the developer.
The developer has incurred the cost of marketing, employment of a sales force and other advertising and administrative costs that they pass on to the consumer, thus increasing the price they must get when selling their timeshare interval.
Resales of name brand properties such as Hilton, Marriott, Wyndham and Westin Starwood provide a particularly good value when compared to their original purchase price. The additional benefit is they provide an excellent value while offering all the amenities and activities you expect from a luxurious resort or hotel.
Let’s take a quick look at the benefits of purchasing a resale versus purchasing a timeshare interest direct from the developer:
- Purchasing a timeshare resale can save you literally thousands of dollars when you compare the original purchase price when buying direct from the developer.
- Resales are an opportunity to enjoy vacation ownership in an area you and your family like to vacation year after year without worrying about the rising prices of hotel type accommodations.
- A vacation club resale can give you the opportunity to vacation in a variety of exotic destinations you have always wanted to visit, at a much more affordable price.
- Except in very rare cases, any and all rights of ownership (such as membership in the resort owners association) are transferred directly from the current owner to you when you purchase on the resale market.
- Purchasing a resale at a name brand property will ensure a consistent, high quality vacation at a much lower cost than buying direct from the developer.
In conclusion, vacationing has been proven to be good for our health and gives us quality family time together. While timeshare should never be purchased as a financial investment, vacation ownership is an investment in quality vacations in the future for your family and loved ones.
Timeshare resales are a great value and could turn out to be the best thing you’ve ever done for your family!