From official nationwide functions and cultural celebrations to arts, music and sporting activities-relevant festivals Nairobi hosts numerous major festivals.
In Nairobi, the funds town of Kenya and a person of the most produced and big cities in not only Kenya but also in Africa, you will be virtually overcome by the sheer range of festivals and celebrations that choose position below.
Festivals held in Kenya are by and significant not only held to foster sporting levels of competition between many players and to award the greatest, but they are also social-cultural gatherings that provide alongside one another people today from numerous cultural backgrounds to share and exchange their encounters and ideas and add for the social very good of the society.
Sports activities-connected Festivals
Safari Sevens Rugby Event
- An once-a-year festival held in June at the Impala Club positioned in Karen alongside Nairobi’s Ngong Highway.
- It is an global rugby tournament that includes 7 rugby players on equally sides.
KCB Safari Rally
- An occasion mostly sponsored by Kenya Business Lender and held in April.
- A 700km heart- throbbing motor race that begins and finishes in Nairobi
- Held each individual year, this function options adrenaline-speeding wheel drive via the roughest attainable terrain in the Kenyan bush with the goal of raising funds toward the Rhino Arch Charitable Have confidence in, meant to guard the endangered black rhino in the Aberderes.
Kenya Open Golf Championship
- A festival held in April, it provides collectively the regional very best in the activity of golfing
Kenya Safari rally
- An annual two-working day event held in July, it showcases the ideal people in navigating Kenyan wild, rough and dusty terrain at the rear of the wheels.
- The race climaxes in Nairobi amid pops of champagnes and cheers from the two drivers and spectators
Nairobi Hood Hockey Competition
- Held in February at the Town Park Hockey Stadium, this festival delivers teams from assorted Nairobi Neighborhoods such as Eastlands, Parklands, Westlands, Southlands and Ngong Highway, etc.
Arts and Music-relevant Festivals
- A 3-day festival held in March at the Nationwide Museums, Nairobi.
- Draws artists from East African countries who show varying functions of arts, architectural styles, paintings and plays, and so on.
Kenya Songs Pageant
- A 10-working day party held in August at the Kenyatta International Meeting Middle.
- It converge musicians from all African nations in Nairobi, to compete and showcase their musical abilities.
North Sea Jazz Festival
- A common jazz pageant globally that provides stellar jazz expertise into the town, held in March.
Kenya International Puppetry Festival
- Held in October, the festival displays indigenous varieties of puppet functions,
- An October function that entails exhibition of community food items, arts, sports and everything and everything Kenyan tradition.
Blankets & Wine
- A month to month Afro-primarily based tunes party
- On the 1st Sunday of the month, audiences acquire in picnic-styled options at Leisure Gardens in Nairobi and enjoy Afro tunes.
- Held in March, it options a various repertoire, from Jazz tunes to fusions of ballet.
Kenya International Film Pageant
- Held in Oct, the pageant hosts diverse African movies and film makers.
Kenya Manner Week
- Held in June at Nairobi’s Sarit Middle, the celebration is an expo-style trend gala.
Kenya Tourism Week
- A just one-7 days September event that marks Kenya’s tourism 7 days.
- It gives an chance for travelers to savor Kenya’s varied society, wildlife, arts, songs and foods.
Kenya Worldwide Trade Exhibition
- An once-a-year event held in June, it showcases both of those domestic and global brand names.
Sigana Worldwide Storytelling Competition
- An yearly occasion held in July, it provides alongside one another proficient story tellers from throughout the globe.
Concours de Class
- A earth-course motor present exhibiting classic equipment that is held in September.
Kwani Literary Competition
- Held in August, it involves a wide range of activities that encompass signings and readings from diverse African authors.